Friday, July 27, 2007

The Preacher from Poltergeist?

Standing on the corner smoking, and this guy walks up stops in front of me and in a very monotone soft voice says:

HIM:
"You are in a good place. You are right where you are supposed to be. May the light be with you."

ME: "Thank you."
(Thinking he'd be on his way. He takes a few steps, turns back around steps closer to me.)

HIM:
"God wanted me to talk to you more. He wanted me to tell you that he expects to see you on Sunday."

ME: "Yeah?"

HIM:
"He said yes, He expects to see you at 4397(?) NW Couch St."

ME: "Great sounds like a plan!"

HIM:
"Great I expect to see you there."

- Overheard by Amanda (Creeped out now)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think it was 4837, judging by google maps.

Was that not the point?

Joel said...

And it looks like it would have to be NE Couch. I double-checked (how OCD is that?) and Couch doesn't go that far west. Although they do say with God, all things are possible.