Friday, September 28, 2007

Deep Water

Two middle aged women talking about why the water in West Linn tastes so bad.

Woman 1: "You know why our water tastes so bad right?'

Woman 2: "Something is wrong with our pipes?"

Woman 1: "No, they allow ducks to poop in our water. The water is kept in an open area so ducks come swim in it and poop."

Woman 2: "Oh my gosh! No wonder!"

Woman 1: "Yeah so that's why I boil my water for EVERYTHING."

Woman 2: "Oh I am going to start doing that! I don't want to drink duck poop!"


- Bus #35

-- Overheard by Jennifer, who writes: "What a bunch of idiots."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen those open reservoirs and wondered about bird poop. I also saw a pamphlet that says there's no feces in the water.

Anonymous said...

Yep, West Linn. That's where I go to get my fill of stupid.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, this is true, Portland Water comes from Washington Park + Mount Tabor resovoirs, which are open-air. No notable filtration occurs after the water leaves the resivoir before reaching customers homes.